Friday, March 31, 2006

Early Bird

Arrived for work at 06:30 this morning, an extra early start to catch up on things.

It's lovely driving in this early, hardly a car on the road, no road rage and getting to work in a relaxed mood.... to find someone has unpluged the power lead from my laptop and the battery has died, grrrr!

Toilet Watch: Still blocked, plumber didn't turn up last night....

It's nearly the weekend, no plans, but the boat race takes place on Sunday afternoon and it's also the Australian F1 Grand Prix this weekend.

I love the boat race, I rowed for my village club for 5 or 6 years when I was younger, it's a great sport. We travelled all around northern England and southern Scotland attending regatta's, there were some great days out. Sometimes the club would put a coach on and friends and family would come and support the crews, I have fond memories of sunny days at Northwich and Talkin Tarn. I actually went out with a very talented female oarswoman for a couple of years, she made it as far as the national championships in Nottingham several years running. My favourire regatta though has to be Durham, just because it's a local one and it always seems to take place on a red hot day. I've been back in the North East for exactly 4 years and haven't caught Durham regatta yet, I'm gonna look for the date straight after I post here and make sure I'm there this year!

On the car cd: David Gilmour - On An Island

On this day: The first ever WrestleMania is held in New York City's Madison Square Garden (1985)

Talk Hard!
H.

Days since last cigarette: 250

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home