Friday, March 17, 2006

Hurrah!

It's the end of the week again. I plan to be away just before 3 today to beat the tunnel traffic, if you see a car approaching the toll booths at 135mph, get out of the way, there's a man inside who's in a hurry to start his weekend.

As I've mentioned in the past, I'm working in a new office my company has just opened. My boss and I are setting up a desk which will, when live, provide computer support to users. It's a large desk, our staff on this floor alone will number 150+ when it's fully operational.


I found out this morning what our nicknames are. It's always funny when you take on new staff, they think they are the bees knees and know everything there is to know about computers, support and the world in general. Also this time we have a large number of guys who are starting their first jobs since leaving uni/college, it's so funny listening to guys 10+ years younger express their views on life.

Played with the camera for an hour or two last night. I think I've made the wrong choice though, I'm quite clearly not intelligent enough to use it. Joking aside, the basics are very easy, it's just point and shoot. But there is tons of stuff in there for the more serious photographer. I will certainly learn how to use some of it but I am quite certain there are features that I will not even come close to ever needing.
Looking forward to useing the photo stitch facility though, that looks really cool, you can take several pictures, moving left/right or up/down each time, then stitch them together to make a panaramic photo, just like the example above.


The team host Charlton tomorrow, could be a difficult game but we need those three points, we can't afford to drop any at all now, the race for the last Champions League spot is so tight. My favoured end to the season would be to see us finish fifth behind Sp*rs who claim the last Champions spot, but then to win the cup ourselves this year and knock them out of it. That would make me soooooo happy.

On the car cd: George Michael - Ladies and Gentlemen (Disc 1 - For The Heart)

On this day: The rubber band is invented (1845)

Talk Hard!
H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home