Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sailing across the sea, to see my Uncle Sam

Ok, well maybe not the sea but it was fun to cross the Tyne on the ferry this morning....
We even stood out on the deck in the fresh air, something my mate is in need of, he's very pale you know. Forgot my camera, really disappointed, wanted to get some cool shots on the crossing.
Our lift was waiting for us at the other side to whip us off to work and would you believe it, another car coincidence, as we were driving to the office we ended alongside another friend of ours who lives in North Shields.

The boys take on Juventus at Highbury this evening in the Champions League quarter final first leg. It's gonna be tough but after beating Real Madrid across two legs in the last round there's no reason why we can't do it again. Was going to go watch it in the pub, maybe it's an early on set of old age but I just can't be bothered, sitting in front of the TV at home with a glass of vino sounds much more appealing.

Looking forward to the return trip tonight, never had so much fun on the journey to work!!!
Must dash, lots of "work" to do....

On the ferry cd: Some bloke telling me to read the safety notices

On this day: The first pirate radio station, Radio Caroline, is established (1964)

Talk hard!
H.

1 Comments:

At 12:37, Blogger Mal said...

Last time I was on the sheilds very I was just a little kid. Me and my brother used to go to North Sheilds on the Metro with my grandparents, and then get the ferry over to south shields.

Memories :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home