Monday, March 27, 2006

Tunnel Vision

Hi, and a special hello to Malcolm, my first confirmed reader!!!!

I went to Manchester on Friday afternoon and I normally wouldn't normally go near a computer while i'm down there, but I needed to look at something on Ebay and thought I'd check my mail while I was there. Imagine my smile on seeing a blog comment sat there in my inbox. I've had a quick look at Malcolm's site, quick enough to steal the map and the weather links from him, but not long enough to really get into it. I'll have a good read tomorrow morning.

Apologies for stealing the two links Malcolm, but I do like cool stuff, and as the first confirmed commenter on my blog, I'll be adding a link straight back to your blog in my menu bar.

I like the pic of the big wheel in Manchester centre that you have, I had a go on it last month when I was down on my regular monthly Manchester visit, I don't like heights, very scary.....

As far as the links go, the map one reports that I've had 13 visitors today. Discounting half of them as having arrived at my page by accident, that leaves 6 people reading my blog. 6 or 666, it sure beats not knowing if anyone at all is reading.

Speaking of Manchester, this doesn't happen very often at all, but on my way back up the M1 on Saturday afternoon I ended up being passed by, them ended up following, a friend who drinks in the same bar as I. He has a daughter in Manchester who is unwell and had been visiting her. He's also travelled down on the Friday afternoon.......

So, the Tyne Tunnel closes at 11pm tonight and doesn't open again until 11pm tomorrow night due to industrial action. I have three alternatives:

I can follow the A1 up past the Metro Centre
I can use the Felling Bypass and go across the Toon Bridge
I can drive to South Shields and get the Ferry across the Tyne to North Shields

The A1 is not worth thinking about, it has standing traffic and tailbacks each morning and evening without dumping Tyne Tunnel traffic on it.
Not sure about the Toon Bridge, again I bet that it's pretty busy on a normal day and that it will be a nightmare with the extra traffic.
So, my choice is to drive to my mates house in South Shields, he's driving us to the river taxi stop, we get the river taxi to North Shields and a girl who works for me is picking us up at the other side and taking us to work.

Oh what fun. Actually, I am pretty excited about getting on the river taxi, I will be insisting we are out on deck for the trip across and might even take my new camera.

An excellent site I'm recommending at the moment is pipelinecard.org. I won't go into it here, just use the FAQ section on his site for details, all I'll say is that it looks like an excellent opportunity to get discount when buying fuel at the petrol station.

Have a good one!

On the car cd: Jamiroquai - Dynamite

On this day: FART construction was completed (1923)

Talk hard!
H.

1 Comments:

At 22:24, Blogger Mal said...

Hey!

No worries about using the links the links :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home