Tuesday, February 14, 2006

There is a dog

Didn't want to get out of bed this morning, it's getting harder and harder to motivate myself with regards to work. Coming up 4 years in this job, I moved to a new project 6 months ago but even that's wearing thin now.

I really need a lottery win, nothing else will do, I was born to be a man of leisure, unfortunately I'm beginning to realize that it is quite possible that I will die without winning so much as £10. I usually put 1 lucky dip on the Eurodraw each week using their website and 1 lucky dip as part of a syndicate in the pub. The week that the prize reached £125,000,000 I put on an additional 6 lucky dips using the website and another 8 lucky dips in the local shop. That meant 16 lucky dips at £24. I got one number! One measly number across 24 lines!

I remember where I was that very first night on Saturday 19th November 1994. The Grapes Inn, Filey, North Yorkshire. The whole pub went quiet as the draw started. I'm sure everyone thought as I did, I was about to become millionaire and live a playboy lifestyle. Just as the numbers had been read out and we had all realized that we hadn't won a bean, one of the lads pagers went off, he dropped his pint and legged it out of the pub. We had fun winding the tourists up that he'd just won the jackpot (we knew he was on call for the RNLI lifeboat).

Well I'd better go do some work, things are getting busy around here, we're moving from the project stage that we have been in for the last 6 months, to the live stage, which I think in English means 20 minutes less Interweb time each day.

On the car cd: Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing, The Best Of

On this day: A Fatwa was issued for the execution of Salman Rushdie, the author of The Satanic Verses novel, considered "blasphemous against Islam" (1989).

Talk Hard!
H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home