Friday, October 05, 2007

Money Matters

Morning.

Have to go through a couple of hundred customer complaints today (oh joy!) so this will be a quick one.

Went out for a meal last night with Harriet. It's a place we found about a month ago, the meals are nice and the staff friendly. This was our fourth visit and last night was no different, the food was great, until I go to pay the bill. Our card machine isn't working says the Bar Keep, oh dear I reply, that may have been useful information when I arrived but doesn't really help me now. He tells me the bill is £41 and change. I have £35 in my wallet... so off into the night I go in search of a cash machine. I offer to leave Harriet as security but he doesn't seem impressed?

What seems like hours later I finally find a machine and set off back to the pub... and I start to think about the bill. Now Thursday is always packed out in this pub because it is 2 x Rumps for £11 special night. Add £1.50 for pepper sauce, 50p for a bbq dip, £2 for garlic bread & cheese and that comes to £15. Now I have the car and I NEVER have more than 2 pints to drink, Harriet had an orange then a coffee. I start to think that this is the most expensive pub in the world... 2 pints of John Smiths, a coffee and an orange for £26?!

So I get back to the pub and the Bar Keep has a sheepish look on his face... erm there were some things on your bill that aren't yours... it's really£23. Ah, and I had £35 in my wallet all along, what fun!

I get up this morning... So when do you need to start paying your credit card off says Harriet. BUGGER! says I. The payment is due tomorrow and I've forgotten all about it. The Capital One call centre in India took great pleasure in telling about my £12 late payment charge...

So... no one mention money today!

On the car iPod: Radio 2 (again)
On this day: The Ladbroke Grove train crash in West London kills 31

Talk Hard!
H.

1 Comments:

At 23:15, Blogger Mal said...

Hey!

Welcome back!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home