Thursday, February 21, 2008

365 Days

Morning all

Well, I was summoned by the committee last night to explain my outburst. I was very calm, apologised for swearing and stated that it was just because I'm passionate about the place that I had to say something. I explained that I was frustrated by attending a meeting where the first thing said is that you can't ask any questions and no questions will be answered. And then, quite bizarrly, they accused me of telling them that they should all resign? I have many faults but one thing I don't do is lie.

Anyway, they told me they would inform me by letter of their decision and sure enough, around 11pm a letter dropped onto the mat. I'm suspended for 12 months. 12 months! I believe I had every right to air my opinion, but knew I was wrong to swear, but come on, thats 6 months per swear word...

But, life goes on, there are 3 other pubs in the village, as well as hundreds in the area, I'm not short of places to visit.

The team played last night at home to European champions AC Milan. The result was 0-0 but we were so unlucky not to nick a result in injury time. It will be very hard to go to the San Siro and get something there but I'm sure they'll do their best.


Todays blog is brought to you by 18 year old Hayden Panettiere from Heroes. I lost interest in the series after half a dozen episodes or so... but I haven't lost interest in Hayden!


On this day: Malcolm X is assassinated at the Audubon Ballroom in New York City by mamber of the Nation of Islam (1965)

On the car iPod: Shania Twain - Up

Talk Hard!
H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home