Friday, December 07, 2007

Happy Friday

Morning all, once again apologies for the gap in posts, I don't know where I used to get the time to post every day...?

It'll soon be Christmas, I've been trying to decide what holidays to take. Think I'll finish December 21st and return on January 2nd, that should be a nice enough break. Not looking forward to driving to Manchester and back to collect Harry Jnr on Friday 21st though, I expect it will be the journey from hell. Then I have to do it all again on Sunday 23rd to take him back again, although I expect that journey should be a little quieter.

Then I'll have the rest of the break to relax with Harriet, although she is working half shifts on Christmas day and Boxing day. That means I can prepare and cook Christmas lunch for her getting in from work. Or, I could go to the pub. Hmmm?

I've recently had an author recommended to me by a friend and I like him that much I thought mention him here. His name is Lee Child, he's a Brit who now lives in the US and he writes about a character called Jack Reacher. Currently there are 11 Reacher books with a 12th due next year.

My favourite authors include Tom Clancy, Patrick Robinson, Chris Ryan, Kyle Mills, Andy McNab, Matthew Reilly, Duncan Falconer, Dale Brown, Robert Ludlum, Peter Robinson, Dan Brown. If you like book by those types of authors then I would definitely recommend Lee Child.

There is a good resource for researching books that I found a year or two ago called Fantastic Fiction. I cannot recommend this highly enough, it really is a useful tool.

On this day: A tornado struck Kensal Green, North West London, seriously damaging around 150 properties (2006)
On the car iPod: Carrie Underwood - Carnival Ride

Talk Hard!
H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home