Friday, January 25, 2008

Angry!

Hello

I wasn't going to post this morning but I'm so wound up I thought it may help calm me down.

Harriet Hard-On is a chef. She works for a company who own retirement homes, she is mainly based in one place but occasionally working in the others. She used to work Saturday to Wednesday with Thursday and Friday off but recently, due to someones retirement, she now works Monday to Friday with Saturday and Sunday off.

The source of my annoyance is that Harriet has always worked bank holidays. All of them. So I asked her to take 21st March to the 28th March as holidays this year, which included Good Friday and bank holiday Monday. She text me saying her boss said she couldn't have the Friday as it was a bank holiday, so I replied telling her that so was the Monday? I said she should at least take the Monday if she has to work the Friday?

Then she called to say her boss said she couldn't have the Monday either as there was no one to cover (Harriet chef's for 5 days and they have someone else to chef for the other 2, although her boss, the kitchen manager, chef's when someone is on holiday).

So I'm telling her on the phone that it isn't fair and that it's not her problem that there is no one to cover, why should she do all of the bank holidays... and I can hear her boss in the background saying "well does he think I should come in and work it, is that fair on me?" to which I'm replying "of course that's f**king fair! Both of you work one each".

But no... Harriet is not one for standing up for herself (other than when it's with me) and as such, has cancelled her holidays...

Today's blog is brought to you by 19 year old Tamsin Egerton, who I first saw in the brilliant film Keeping Mum and apparently was in the recent St Trinians movie.



On this day: Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell inaugurates the U.S. transcontinental telephone service

On the car iPod: Radio 2

Talk hard!
H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home