Monday, March 03, 2008

Early Start

Morning

Was up at 4am this morning to take my friend to Newcastle Airport for his month long tour of the US.

On Friday I travelled to Glasgow to watch Scotland u21's play Northern Ireland at St Mirren's ground, looking forward to a nice night of hospitality suites with food and drink flowing freely. We had just crossed the border when we recieved a call that the venue had been moved to Hampden Park, and were about another 20 miles in when we received another call to say it wasn't Hampden Park, it was Lesser Hampden (described by the Scottish FA website as "the much loved but long neglected shed at the bottom of the garden") and that the hospitality was cancelled. Not 20 miles further on, another call informed us that the match had been cancelled due to the weather...

We ended up at the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow to watch Kevin Mcintyre defend his British Welterweight title against Kevin Anderson. By this time my boss had instructed everything be put on our company Amex cards... so it was a hoot when we were told the bar would not be opening...

The boxing started at 19:00 with some warm up fights with the main event due to start at 22:00. We were sat in the middle of a few thousand Mcintyre supporters (he's from Paisley in Glasgow) and then we noticed to the side of us were a couple of hundred Anderson supporters (he's from Fife on the East coast). It started getting really heated and I was convinced the whole place would go up. The police eventually attempted to form a barrier between the two sets of fans. I've got to say I was glad when Mcintyre won and we were able to leave.

We found a nice Chinese and left Glasgow about 01:00, arriving in my bed at 05:02. To cap it all the wind was a nightmare and I thought we were going to die on several occasions.

Saturday we visited High Force in the dark, rain and wind with some friends then had a nice meal out in the Dales.

Today's blog is brought to you by Nicola Roberts (22), my favourite from girl band Girls Aloud. I've added a couple of photos, before and after...






On this day: Oil is discovered in Saudi Arabia (1938)

On the car CD Player (I have my friends Mercedes for a while): Jamiroquai - The Best of

Talk Hard!
H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home