Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Rubber

Morning, it's been over a week since we last spoke...

I had a nice Mercedes to drive last week, borrowed from a pal. It was a top of the range C class with all the toys. I've another year to go on my current car and I've been wondering whether the next car will be another new one or if I should go for something a couple of years old. Still can't make my mind up, we will have to see.

I bought a bread maker. I spotted one for £23 but Harriet insisted we go for the top of the range model at a couple of pennies under £100. It does everything you can think of but as yet I haven't progressed past white bread. I must admit it is very nice though, fresh bread bakiung next to the coffee machine making fresh coffee...

I've been with my company for coming up 6 years, but as I spent the first 10 months as a contractor, I had my official 5th birthday two weeks ago. I get to choose a gift from the company website bit they're all rubbish. You get this on your 5th, 10th, 20th, 30th and 40th years and to be fair, the gifts start to get ok'ish at around 30 years... but as I hope to be retired in 19 years I'll only see years 10 and 20.

The front left boot of the car got a slow puncture last week. I knew both front tyres were close to needing replacement so I wasn't too concerned, it's just they are £120 each.

Today's blog is brought to you by 26 year old Summer Glau. My ex got me into Firefly, then I saw her in The Unit and most recently she is in Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles. Nice!




On this day: In Dunblane, Scotland, 16 children and 1 adult teacher are shot dead by Thomas Watt Hamilton who then commits suicide

On the car iPod: Level 42 - Retroglide

Talk hard!
H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home