Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Oh Ye Of Little Faith!

Bloody hell, what a match! And I sat here yesterday and questioned the ability of an injury ravaged team, stating they would get their butts kicked all the way back to Highbury.

I don't know what's gone on, but that was a completly different set of players on the field last night. It was by far the best display of the season from each and every player, including Hleb, Gilberto and Ljungberg. Lehman was again outstanding in goal, but man of the match for me was young Cesc.

We became the first English club EVER to win at the Santiago Bernabeu!
Still, while all fans will be over the moon at this performance, we must remember that it is still only a slender lead in what is a 2 leg match. We still have to take them back to Highbury on Webnesday 8th March and stop them scoring to progress through to the next round.

The new SatNav mount arrived as expected yesterday. It's safely tucked up in the spare room at home, out of the reach of any thieving pikey bastards.

While it is around 7 months since Harry had a cigarette, it's also now 12 days since I entered licensed premises and purchased alcohol. Not that I'm totally off the booze of course, I've been having the odd glass of cider here and there, I do like my Blackthorn Dry, very fruity. But there's also a litre and a half of Rum that's sat in the cupboard and half a dozen bottles of wine that are still in the wine rack that haven't been touched.....ok, ok, it might have something to do with the toothache, sore throat and sniffle I have at the moment, but still, I'm a "call at the pub after work at least 5 nights a week for a quick relaxer" type of guy.
I don't know if it's the cold weather, the gym, or just cos I'm knackered thats making me not want to go out at the moment. Once I get in from work and get into the warm, I just can't be bothered to go out again.

On the car cd: Charlotte Church - Tissues & Issues / Nik Kershaw - 15 Minutes

On this day: Elvis Presley enters the music charts for the first time, with Heartbreak Hotel (1956).

Talk Hard!
H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home