Monday, February 20, 2006

Scum

Morning folks. What a weekend, what a god damn weekend! Started off on a high on Friday. I was just having a quick look at the Interweb before going home when I noticed Level 42 had confirmed their tour for later this year. I had been checking the website daily, but, my bloody luck, I hadn't checked for three days and that's when the tickets had gone on sale. So I call up The Sage in Gateshead, expecting to have to settle for a ticket in the back row. "Two tickets as near to the front in the centre please" I ask. "Front row centre seats be ok for you Sir" is his reply. "Blood hell, I'll have four then!" I describe Level 42 as being my band, they are the band I got into aged 16, and while my taste for other music has come and gone. Level 42 remain my favourite nearly 18 years later.

Not much happened on Saturday. Went to the gym and had my review, learnt a few new exercises.

Sunday went down hill fast. Went out in the car about 07:30, got back around 8am. Went to go out again at 14:00, no drivers side window! Called the police, called Autoglass, both turned up at 16:00. Policeman spoke to my neighbours, one side didn't hear/see anything, the other went out at 11:15 and said all was fine at that point. Policeman to his credit knocked on nearly everyone's door in the street, a young couple up the street said they had seen 3 hoodies running away around 12pm. Obviously there's nothing he can do, but I was fairly pleased with his performance anyway.

The sum total of the swag that was stolan: half of the stand that holds my SatNav. That's right, HALF! They ignored my cd's, ignored the loose change, ignored my sunglasses. They left the part of the stand that has the suction bit wich attaches to the windscreen? What use is half a stand to anyone? They can't use the half they have and I now can't use the half I have. I'm not so stupid as to leave the SatNav in the car but I never thought in my wildest dreams that they would smash a window to steal half of a plastic holder.....?

So it cost me £50 as I have a £50 access on my insurance for glass, and now I have to go and order another powered cradle for the SatNav.

Scumbags!

On the car cd: Level 42 - Running In The Family / Level 42 - Staring At The Sun

On this day: The FA Premier League is formed and takes over as the professional league in England from season 1992-93 (1992).

Talk Hard!
H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home